The Firesoul has been found. I’ve been unscrambling the texts for days now. I never thought I’d see it in my lifetime. This mass of energy, the center conflux of all fire radiating from within. It is beautiful, the way it flickers. Like a live flame rests within the stone itself.
What is the Soul Project + How does it matter?
Back when Salt + Iron first began, I was an author who wanted to design a clothing brand, run a youtube channel + teach others how to write. Besides those overall goals, I wanted to inspire and bring hope to a world in which I saw a lot of sadness.
I started Salt + Iron and decided to do it all at once, without pause or planning and the whole thing blended together. The blog featured clothing and short stories as well as a static release schedule (which was a release featured whenever I wanted to release.) Which caused chaos for myself and those around me. I couldn’t direct friends or family to support any one thing because I was doing so much. It demanded all of my time and I failed to make content at the level I wanted to make content. Essentially, it was a mess.
To remedy this, I’ve created the Soul Project on Salt + Iron Productions. Everything sort of blends together right now and there is no clear divide. All four aspects of my business are just a tangled mess and the Souls will separate them. Each fragment is getting its own time to shine and be worked through. When I started Salt + Iron I was fresh out of high school and had no real clear idea what I wanted to do so I just did everything I could do easily and left it at that.
It’s been six years or so since then, and I’ve wanted to make some changes.
So What is Firesoul?
Firesoul is the Gravity, My Enemy fragment of the Soul Project, focusing and detailing the blog. I’ve worked hard to find the true purpose for creating Gravity, My Enemy and after I finished soul searching I realized that I wasn’t writing what I truly wanted to on here. that’s only a half-truth, I suppose.
When I started writing I was cranking out short stories and poetry, and when I grew up and had begun to hone my skills I learned that I wanted to share my own life stories with others. I wanted to inspire hope into the people that could read what I was writing, but I was writing horror and supernatural stories with terrible endings. I didn’t think that would be a good fit. Then, I went and helped my friend with his final scout project and it struck me then. I wanted to write the things that I do each day into the blog. Those life experiences take many forms, some of them come across as stories and others come across as lessons.
So I did exactly that. I started writing my life out. As the years passed, I continued writing short stories and novels, eventually reaching a place where I thought I could publish them and on my old blog page, I assumed that they would be huge hits. I had barely turned twenty-one and had done no research regarding a book release so I winged it.
Needless to say, it wasn’t what I had expected it to be. But I was still working on the blog, I was still posting and I wasn’t about to give up.
Momma never taught me that giving up was an option.
Thus, Firesoul was born. It’s been a few years since the release of my first novel but it has long passed and I’ve rededicated myself to my mission.
To share inspiration, hope, lesson, and creativity through the blog.
Gravity, My Enemy doesn’t read like a lot of other blogs do, and I made sure to retain that as I moved forward. This isn’t like any other blog. This is my life, and I hope you can learn from it, take joy from it, and as of January 3rd, I hope you can find a new form of entertainment from it too.
What is the Firesoul Ignition?
The Ignition date (Jan 3rd.) is the date that all of this planning and restructuring will take off. I’ve been studying my craft and others in it for the past couple years and I want to bring GME to a larger platform. I want to put it out where more people can read and see what I see, and find hope. Along the way, I wanted to begin releasing short stories. To manage the tangle of my old business plan was no small task. I had made a mess for myself, but come January, it’ll be all cleaned up.
What Can I Expect from the Firesoul Changes?
After January 3rd, you will find the blog more or less the same. There will be a drop-down menu for information relating to the Blog Movements, yearly schemes that I base my blog posts around. You will have an easier time navigating the blog itself, and there will be more content overall on the site. I will also be linking the Random Acts Clothing page to this blog as that company was based on this blog and the things I’ve written. I have big plans for RAC as well, but that won’t come until the Watersoul.
Below, I’ve released a list of all the changes taking place on GME:
- I will begin releasing new content on the blog, under a new tag. “Loremasters” content will be exclusively short stories and concept pieces I have been and will be working on in the future, to give you an in-universe look at some of the other aspects of my writing.
- I will be making the blog a bit more user-friendly. Meaning that ideally, fewer clicks for you to see the content that I’m releasing and a simpler way to view said content.
- I’m cleaning up my backlog quite a bit, and adjusting how you find old content. Searching for the tags of the previous movements, you’ll now be able to find all of the blog posts from that year. (i.e. if you search “Noose Ends” in the future, all of the poems and related blog posts will show up for you, hassle-free.)
- I’m changing the style and the content of the main blog to make it more time friendly. I am a long winded person by nature, and that is clear in my blog posts. I have found a style through the years of writing that is specific to me, but at times that long-winded style should be reserved for more important and pressing matters. (Like explaining why I am no longer releasing long-winded blog posts. Now, having used the term long-winded far more times than necessary, I’ll explain that the blog posts will be shorter on average than they used to. Meaning that you will not have to delegate as much time to read. This change comes coupled with the next change.
- My blog topics tend to vary dramatically, as such, it’s hard to pin down what I will be talking about each week. I’ve always hated the concept of gimmicky clickbait titles, but I’ve had to give in to some degree. Now, on the title of the blog post itself, I will be posting a small synopsis of what the blog post itself is about. (ex. Our 150 (What do I do about all these friend requests?) This will serve as a method for definitively distinguishing the blog posts from the poetry + from the Loremasters content I am preparing to release.
- I am also adjusting the content release schedule. For the last 8 months or so, you could find a calendar on my website detailing all of my blog posts and poetry and their release dates. For the time being, I’ve disabled this feature because, to be honest, it was unnecessary to do. I would spend a good thirty minutes every week scheduling the images on the calendar because I’m a neat freak and want things to look as nice as possible, but those thirty minutes could have been better spent editing or reviewing the things I’ve written.
- I am going to be including a (much shorter) post-text to the blog posts after this campaign ends, for now, it will be included at the bottom for those interested in what the Firesoul is all about. In essence, I want to use this blog as a method of communication. I am great at standing on a soapbox and talking to you about all these things I think I know, but I want to hear the other side as well.
- I will be posing some questions after each blog post, just to see what my readership feels like in regards to what I’ve stated. This will not likely happen on every post, but a fair share of them (specifically ones I would love to talk with you about) will include these questions.
- There will be a handful of other, smaller changes to the blog. All of them meant to assist you, the reader in navigating the site and having more to engage with regarding Gravity, My Enemy as a whole.
- Bonus: I’ll be linking the URL for the compilation volumes on the blog pages itself, and soon all of the books will be made quite a bit cheaper than they are right now.
To see what else has been cooking up at Salt + Iron Productions, visit the website. There’s not a lot of activity yet but soon it’ll be taking off.
Salt + Iron Productions
If you want to keep up with me personally, or perhaps follow along with the many hats I wear, follow me on social media. @alvatobiasbooks everywhere, or if you’d rather follow links…