Have you ever had that terrible feeling that you aren’t enough? That you can’t manifest what you need to be enough for the people you love? I feel it all the time. It’s something that grinds against my heart on more days than it doesn’t. It’s like this shadow hangs over me and it yearns to drag me up and hang with it sometimes. It feels most often like there are two versions of me. One who can manage all of the needs of those in my life and one who just simply can’t. I’ve been feeling like the latter, recently. It’s begun to wear on me to the point that yesterday I sat at my computer for hours before work frustrated at myself because I didn’t even feel like I was enough for me. It’s a battle I wage inside of my head all the time, I try so hard not to live in the past where I was better at dealing with so many things. Anymore, however, I can’t manage it the same. I still fight though.
Sometimes I can fight it well enough.
Sometimes I can’t.
I’ll tell you something for certain, though. No matter what you feel today. No matter how difficult you find it to get out of bed and be enough…
You already are.
If you’d like to stay caught up on the Firesoul Ignition or anything else regarding the many hats I wear, follow me on Social Media.
Alternatively, you can check out the Salt + Iron Productions webpage to see more about what is happening regarding all of the S+I projects.
Recently I’ve begun the process of upgrading Gravity, My Enemy for the future, and as I’ve explained it so far I’d imagine that means relatively nothing to you so allow me to explain.
I’m doing a handful of things with the blog in the coming months, using a conceptual teaser I’ve developed called Firesoul. I’ve listed the upcoming changes below for clarity and for understanding.
- I will begin releasing new content on the blog, under a new tag. “Loremasters” content will be exclusively short stories and concept pieces I have been and will be working on in the future, to give you an in-universe look at some of the other aspects of my writing.
- I will be making the blog a bit more user-friendly. Meaning that ideally, fewer clicks for you to see the content that I’m releasing and a simpler way to view said content.
- I’m cleaning up my backlog quite a bit, and adjusting how you find old content. Searching for the tags of the previous movements, you’ll now be able to find all of the blog posts from that year. (i.e. if you search “Noose Ends” in the future, all of the poems and related blog posts will show up for you, hassle-free.)
- I’m changing the style and the content of the main blog to make it more time friendly. I am a long winded person by nature, and that is clear in my blog posts. I have found a style through the years of writing that is specific to me, but at times that long-winded style should be reserved for more important and pressing matters. (Like explaining why I am no longer releasing long-winded blog posts. Now, having used the term long-winded far more times than necessary, I’ll explain that the blog posts will be shorter on average than they used to. Meaning that you will not have to delegate as much time to read. This change comes coupled with the next change.
- My blog topics tend to vary dramatically, as such, it’s hard to pin down what I will be talking about each week. I’ve always hated the concept of gimmicky clickbait titles, but I’ve had to give in to some degree. Now, on the title of the blog post itself, I will be posting a small synopsis of what the blog post itself is about. (ex. Our 150 (What do I do about all these friend requests?) This will serve as a method for definitively distinguishing the blog posts from the poetry + from the Loremasters content I am preparing to release.
- I am also adjusting the content release schedule. For the last 8 months or so, you could find a calendar on my website detailing all of my blog posts and poetry and their release dates. For the time being, I’ve disabled this feature because, to be honest, it was unnecessary to do. I would spend a good thirty minutes every week scheduling the images on the calendar because I’m a neat freak and want things to look as nice as possible, but those thirty minutes could have been better spent editing or reviewing the things I’ve written.
- I am going to be including a (much shorter) post-text to the blog posts after this campaign ends, for now, it will be included at the bottom for those interested in what the Firesoul is all about. In essence, I want to use this blog as a method of communication. I am great at standing on a soapbox and talking to you about all these things I think I know, but I want to hear the other side as well.
- I will be posing some questions after each blog post, just to see what my readership feels like in regards to what I’ve stated. This will not likely happen on every post, but a fair share of them (specifically ones I would love to talk with you about) will include these questions.
- There will be a handful of other, smaller changes to the blog. All of them meant to assist you, the reader in navigating the site and having more to engage with regarding Gravity, My Enemy as a whole.
- Bonus: I’ll be linking the URL for the compilation volumes on the blog pages itself, and soon all of the books will be made quite a bit cheaper than they are right now.
One (two) more thing(s):
Thank you for reading all of that, and if you’ve come this far I want to let you know that after the Firesoul campaign has finished, I’ll be giving away a few things. Namely:
I’ll have more information about the giveaway as December draws nearer but until then…
Firesoul is more than just a thematic teaser for the blog, it is also an incredibly important object in my written universe. As the center harness for all forms of fire magic. It is the generator that gives fire wielders the ability to wield. This teaser comes with a large release and the start of a big writing project I will hopefully be undertaking as the four souls come to completion. Because I don’t like baiting people for unknown lengths of time, each of the four souls will be revealing lore from my universe through pages uploaded to my website. The first of them, regarding fire itself, will be released upon the launch of the Firesoul campaign. Make sure to check my website/social media regularly for information regarding the changes, the new information and more…